CONFIRMED CASE PROTOCOL
If any resident or associate displays symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19, we will immediately place the resident under full isolation protocols and implement CDC recommended precautions. We will seek medical attention by contacting their medical provider or calling 911 if the resident is in distress or needs immediate medical attention. We will also report the situation to the public health department.
The Resident Care Director and/or Executive Director will follow the guidelines below for responding to a resident with COVID-19:
- Will wear a face mask and eye protection upon entering the ill resident’s room. This includes outside health care providers or anyone entering the resident’s room such as housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Will wear gloves when touching an ill resident, potentially contaminated environmental surfaces or items potentially contaminated with respiratory secretions, contaminated tissues, vomit or fecal matter.
- Gowns must be worn when providing direct care to an ill resident.
- Gloves and gowns must be changed after each encounter with an ill resident and hand hygiene performed. After removing gloves, associates should immediately, without touching surfaces or objects, wash their hands with soap and water.
- When finished providing personal care, personal protective equipment (gloves, masks and gowns) must be removed prior to leaving the resident apartment or care area and discard in an appropriate waste container. All used personal protective equipment must be treated as potentially infectious.
- If there is a concern about the safety of disposing personal protective equipment within a resident’s apartment, care associates will be trained on where to appropriately dispose of soiled equipment that minimizes the spread of infection.
- A surgical or procedure mask will be placed over the ill resident’s nose and mouth, if tolerated, when transport or movement of the resident is necessary outside of their room.
- Will be instructed to use tissues to cover their nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing. A bag or other waste receptacle will be provided for disposal of contaminated tissues.
- Hands will be washed or sanitized with an alcohol-based hand hygiene product frequently throughout the day, before they leave their room, and after hand contact with respiratory secretions or contaminated tissues.
- A supply of gloves will be kept in the resident’s room, unless there are concerns about the resident’s safety.
Resident Illness Intervention Protocol
In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in one of our communities, we will immediately report it to the local health department, appropriate licensing office and the resident’s authorized representative. We will also restrict the non-infected residents to their apartments unless there is a medically necessary purpose.
- Upon entering the apartment of a resident with a confirmed case of COVID-19, staff MUST wear full PPE gear. This requires gowns, gloves, N95 or higher-level respirator, (facemasks can be used if N95s are unavailable), and eye protection.
- Staff should wear full PPE gear when caring for any resident, as available. Staff are also required to wear facemasks at all times while at a community.
- Increase screening/monitoring of residents and staff for signs and symptoms when there are active cases in a community.
- Screen staff at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Screen residents for symptoms during each shift.
- If a resident requires a higher level of care than what you can provide, coordinate a transferral of the resident to an appropriate medical facility.
- If necessary/possible, consider grouping ill patients together in a dedicated area of the community.
- Continue to prohibit visitors (unless medically necessary), group activities and dining room service.
Communities with Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
Confirmed Cases Cleared in Accordance with CDC Guidelines
- The Arbor
- Canyon Trails
- Coastal Heights
- Courtyard at Mt. Tabor
- Groves of Tustin
- Heartis Village Brookfield
- Heartis North Shore
- Heartis Orland Park
- Las Villas del Norte
- Mariposa Point
- Meadow Oaks of Roseville
- The Peaks at Old Laramie Trail
- Point at Rockridge
- South High
- Shores at Clear Lake
- Stratford at Beyer Park
- Sunnycrest Senior Living
- Spring Cypress
- Terraces of Roseville
- Windchime of Marin